Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Letter

Art Medium: Colored Pencils, Chalk Pastels

Dear God, I’ve written many words before

Yet now, I cannot think with rhyme

Perhaps the words are fading fast

With the passing of the time.

If I speak to You, You listen.

Then, listen now and answer me

Leave me not when I am needing

Needing You so desperately.

Dear God, the days are swifter now

I feel my hour is a short while

If You can, let this cup pass…

But if not, Your Will shall be my trial.

And I shall pass this test of courage

The test of standing up to fear

It shall arise but I shall not cower

Because I know that You are near.

And in that day, You’ll give me wisdom

You’ll give me the words to speak

Dear God, You’ll satisfy my conscience

You’ll be my strength when I am weak.

When I am torn down, distressed, oppressed,

When I am alone, none to turn to,

Dear God…then, Your words will love me

And my own words will love You.

No comments: