Saturday, March 25, 2006

Photography by Robin, Uganda

We cannot know the plight of man

We cannot know their sorrow deep

Till we have walked the paths they’ve trod,

Till we have slept where they do weep.

We cannot know the tears that fall,

We cannot understand at all

Till we have borne their burdens great,

Till we have lived through such a fate.

O foolish men who take no heed

To starving children and mothers’ cries!

Will we not heed the call of these

Until too many fall and die?

God came for all.

Do we come for any?

Or do we simply walk away

Closing our eyes, forgetting still

…remember what you have seen today.

2 comments:

Impetuous Lady said...

Reading this reminded me of how much I admire you girl! KGFG!!!
I hope reading this has convicted me enough to set about making some changes in my part of this needy world....

Nyx Martinez said...

hey, love u too, and am keeping updated with your poetry as well. keep it up!