Monday, March 27, 2006

Uganda

Medium: Oil Pastels

Uganda…I had never known you before

You were just a stranger to me

Some far-off place I termed “Africa

Somewhere, across the sea.

Did I know that someday, I’d make you my home?

Did I know that you’d teach me of life?

Did I know that one day, in this book I would pen

What I’d learned from your sacrifice?

Uganda, tonight, I know you; I see

Something I’d never seen before

I embrace you in this moment of time

And each day, I long for more.

You have charmed me, bewitched, and bade me to stay

Amongst the children of your land

What is my future? I cannot know

…whatever God has planned.

But I’ve written a song for you tonight

An ode to your people and earth

And I pray you will prosper; that the tears you have shed

Will be turned to rejoicing and mirth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff. Touching and inspiring. To us that are Ugandan, its touching to read a master piece like this.
Thanks for blessing our country with your love.