Sunday, March 26, 2006

Starting Over

To dare to try

And know failure is but a trial

A pathway to a different star

And just a longer mile

To dare to dance

Barefoot, splashing in the waves,

In step to a different page of music

To the tune of crazy braves…

To know, in that crucial moment,

That death is but a graduation robe,

A promotion to a higher status

And finally, release from this wretched globe,

These are the lessons given me

On this journey I’ve embarked

They have given deeper meaning

To the beating of my heart.

And, today, where I am standing,

Where my life begins once more,

There are so many dreams to dream

Each one richer than before.

Now, as I close this journal,

Another chapter lies white

And its virgin pages beckon me,

“Look deep in your heart…and write.”

Art Medium: Chalk Pastels

No comments: